Ice cream is a great dessert treat and it really is great if you can make it at home since you can choose the ingredients that goes into it. My constant search for a rich and creamy ice cream led me to formulating this recipe. The richness and creaminess makes it worth the effort.
1 cup (250 ml) cream
1 cup (250 ml) sweetened condensed milk (or 1/2 cup condensed milk and 1/2 cup cream)
2 large egg yolks
12 tablespoons powdered unsweetened chocolate (adjust depending on how semi-sweet, dark or bittersweet you want the ice cream to be)
1. In a saucepan, mix all the ingredients with a wire whisk.
2. Heat over low flame and cook for 20 minutes (stirring continuously) or until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
3. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
4. Pour refrigerated mixture into the cold chamber of an ice cream maker.
5. Follow ice cream maker manufacturer’s instructions.
6. Transfer to a container and freeze until ready to serve.
You can opt to add chocolate bits, mini marshmallows, nuts, or whatever your heart desires during the churning process.