Weather during the summer season can be so hot that all you want to do is sit down in a cool corner and eat ice cream to your heart’s content. The downside? Commercially-prepared ice cream are full of chemical preservatives and artificial flavorings, which isn’t ideal for every day consumption. Good thing that I saw several posts about a creamy ice cream that can be made without an ice cream maker. It is packed full of nutrients and is budget friendly as well. After a few tweaks I finally found the correct ratio. My son even had fun assisting me during preparation. What are you waiting for? Go ahead and make your own now!
5-6 pieces of moderately ripe medium-sizes bananas
250 ml all purpose cream or heavy cream
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk or honey
- Peel and slice bananas.
- In a blender or food processor, place all ingredients.
- Puree until it reaches a smoothie-like texture. You might have to stop the blender or food processor from time to time and use a clean rubber spatula to push ingredients toward the blade.
- Pour into a clean container.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
- For a crunchy texture, you can add in your nuts of choice or use chunky peanut butter.
- Still want to use that ice cream maker? Go ahead and allow mixture to cool for 1-2 hours before pouring it into your ice cream making machine.