1-1/2 cups or 1 big can evaporated milk
1 cup or 1 can homemade or commercially prepared dulce de leche
4 fresh eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1-2 cups cubed day-old bread
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
2. Prepare an 8×8-inch square baking pan. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, beat eggs then add evaporated milk, dulce de leche, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
4. Add in the cubed bread and allow to soak for 5-10 minutes.
5. Transfer the mixture in the baking pan.
6. Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil. Place in a water bath and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
7. Allow to cool before serving.
Notes: I’ve given you the basic recipe but you can add any of the combinations or ingredients below to make it more appetizing!
a. 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
b. 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/3 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, peanuts, etc.)
c. 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 cup chopped nuts, and 1/4 cup raisins